Wednesday, January 14, 2009

One Cool Dude!


This is Balancin' Petey from Inky Antics . . . he's too cool, eh? I used my Prismacolor pencils using Gamsol to give him a watercolor-like look. The trick is using the blending stumps carefully -- a patiently -- blending colors from the outer edges toward the center of the area that you are coloring. I still need to master the blending technique (not to mention the patience part!), but it was a fun change of pace from watercolor crayons and Copics. The paper used is kiwi kiss, baja breeze, soft sky and Scenic Route paper. I also used my Cuttlebug, glitter, ticket punch and dew drops to add a little design element. Let me tell you, Petey would fit right in right now in North Florida -- temperatures are going to dip to 27 degrees by Friday morning (warming to a balmy 60 degrees by the afternoon). Brrrrrr! TFL!

2 comments:

Melisa Waldorf said...

Suuuuweeeeeettt!! Nice job. This little guy is so cute! I just subscribed to your blog chick!

Scrappinangler said...

He is adorable and I am honored to call one of these cards my own!! Thanks, chicky! :)

Thank goodness it was warmer today for lacrosse practice!! :)